- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
SUMMER SPECIAL! Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar, steps on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss what it’s like to bring music, food, drink, vendors, and fun to the beach and at its famous night market.
After winning a request for proposal (RFP) late spring of 2015, Belvy Klein and his co-founder Aaron Broudo did not have a lot of time to invigorate the sleepy Rockaway Beach with life. But armed with the out-of-the-box thinking that Brooklyn Bazaar LLC, the parent company, is known for, Belvy and Aaron were able to transform Riis Park into a tourist destination that caught the eye of the New York Post as the number one item on its summer bucket list and the second best beach in America as rated by Yahoo! Travel.
Rather than selling traditional food on the beach, Riis Park Beach Bazaar draws in visitors with an exciting mix of local food, vendors, free live music, and programming on a daily basis. With a unique location that captures the benefits of a beautiful beach and the vistas of Manhattan, New Yorkers have been flocking by car, bus, train, ferry, and bicycle. The result for the first season of the Riis Park Beach Bazaar was a 140% increase in attendance over the previous year.
Belvy also talks about the forthcoming return of the Brooklyn Bazaar to the former Polonaise Terrace and the many exciting new features that his company is bringing to the former wedding venue. After starting at the DeKalb Market in Downtown Brooklyn and moving to Williamsburg then to Greenpoint this will be the fourth iteration of the popular Night Bazaar that utilizes the company’s recipe of live music, food, drink, vendors, and fun. In the episode, Belvy also talks about how the company has grown, how the Bazaar has been a springboard for its vendors, what it is like to be an independent concert venue in New York City and what it was like to lose the former space on Banker Street to BMW.
Listen to the episode to get an inside look at what it is like to do business at the beach with the unpredictability of mother nature, and how Riis Park Beach Bazaar was able to gain the support of the local community by having a year round presence, and hear Belvy address criticism that his company is gentrifying the beach.
Transcript of the episode available here: http://nylaun.ch/rpbazaarTR