- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 31: Camille Hearst, Co-Founder of Kit
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor, step on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss their app, Wermz, which delivers personalized news to smartphones.
Wermz is a platform which delivers content based on people’s interests. It uses algorithms to determine what is actually news (a more difficult question than you might think!) and what news is relevant to each person based on his or her interests.
Clinton saw an opportunity in the news industry. Publishers that were struggling to adapt to the web had even more difficultly transitioning to mobile. For publishers, mobile presented simply another medium to distribute traditional articles in digital form. For Clinton, mobile presented an opportunity to allow users to “experience” news stories that interests them by seamlessly exploring those stories wide and deep, through articles, video, images, and reference material.
Listen to the episode to hear why the boot-strapped Wermz thinks they can compete with the largest news tech companies including Flipboard, Facebook, Twitter and Apple to deliver the best and most engaging news product to users.
Hear the process behind developing the app, how Clinton and the team have been gaining publicity for their product, and all the features Wermz brings to its users.
Transcript of the episode available here: http://nylaun.ch/wermzt
More on Wermz: https://www.wermz.comSHARE THIS: