- Episode 34: Susannah Vila, Co-Founder of Flip
- Episode 33: Brian Berger, Co-Founder of Mack Weldon
- Episode 32: Charlie O’Donnell, Founder and Sole Partner of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Episode 31: Camille Hearst, Co-Founder of Kit
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
Susannah Vila, Co-Founder of Flip, steps on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss her marketplace for flexible housing that helps people sublet their apartments.
Finding an apartment for less than a year is a difficult task. Sites like Craigslist can be unorganized, inconsistent, and difficult to navigate. Similarly, for the person looking to sublet an apartment there was no great way to vet a prospective subtenant to ensure he or she would pay the rent on time. This was a significant pain point for a large constituency of people that was yet to have a comprehensive solution. Realizing this, Susannah set off to establish Flip as the ‘go to’ marketplace for residential subletting.
Flip users create a profile that links their credit score, employment information and even bank account to show that they are qualified to rent an apartment. Similarly, renters can post photos and details of an apartment and even create a “bounty” that encourages others to help find a subtenant on their behalf. Once a match is made, a sublease is drawn up, rent payments are held in escrow, and the site provides an easy way to ask the Landlord for permission to sublet the apartment and show that a qualified renter will be in the space.
The result: a dynamic marketplace that draws users looking for flexible housing. And what started out as a marketplace for subletting has grown to attract people looking for roommates as well as landlords.
Listen to the episode to hear how Susannah has grown the business, why she thinks Flip will win in the marketplace and how she has been able to make the once ‘shadow market’ of subletting easier and more user friendly.
More on Flip: https://flip.lease/
Transcript Available Here: http://nylaun.ch/FlipLeaseTRSHARE THIS: