- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 33: Brian Berger, Co-Founder of Mack Weldon
- Episode 32: Charlie O’Donnell, Founder and Sole Partner of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Episode 31: Camille Hearst, Co-Founder of Kit
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder, steps on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss her digital platform that allows art galleries and collectors to quickly access their art inventory for presentations or sales.
In 2010, Alexandra was working as a gallery assistant at Gavin Brown’s Enterprise assembling three ring binders with photographs and information of artwork in advance of Art Basel Switzerland. With the gallery’s many art pieces, ensuring that each of the thirty large binders contained correct, updated information was labor and cost intensive, taking months of work. Once the iPad was first released, however, Alexandra had the revelation to digitize the process and after a year of development, ArtBinder was born.
ArtBinder allows its clients to seamlessly access (and search) the images and vital information (size, medium, year, etc.) of their inventory on mobile devices. Instead of spending inordinate amounts of money on labor, printing and shipping, for a small monthly fee galleries are able to take their whole inventory on the go and instantaneously share information with prospective clients. The result: lower costs and more sales.
Leveraging her knowledge and experience in the art world, Alexandra was able to build a solution for galleries and quickly get a foothold in an industry that was resistant to technology. Six years later, ArtBinder has the biggest names in art using its product and has its sights set on becoming a full service solution for art galleries.
Listen to the episode to go behind the scenes of the art world and hear how being headquartered in New York City among the many galleries in Chelsea has been an advantage to ArtBinder, and get an inside look at the company’s pathway to success as well as its future expansion plans.
Transcript of the episode available here: http://nylaun.ch/ArtBinderTr
More on ArtBinder: http://artbinder.com/SHARE THIS: