- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 37: Yitzchok Kolodny and David Kupfer, Co-Founders of Theryon
- How You Doin’? Volume 1: Angela Ceresnie, COO Climb Credit
- Episode 36: Zachary Aarons, Co-Founder and Partner of MetaProp
- Episode 35: Vicki Fulop, Co-Founder of Brooklinen
- Episode 34: Susannah Vila, Co-Founder of Flip
- Episode 33: Brian Berger, Co-Founder of Mack Weldon
- Episode 32: Charlie O’Donnell, Founder and Sole Partner of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Episode 31: Camille Hearst, Co-Founder of Kit
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest, steps on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss the founding of her digital media platform and its recent expansion into weddings.
Guest of Guest traces its genesis to 2007, when Rachelle was taking photos at various events on a Treo phone and posting them on her blog. What began as a form of self-expression gained a following of influential people and the site organically blossomed into a business that caused Rachelle to forego business and medical schools in order to grow the platform.
With the tagline “People, Places, Parties & Nightlife” Guest of a Guest built its brand by fulfilling a cultural niche rather than using algorithms to gain traffic at volume. As Rachelle explains the ethos behind the site, “we want to be your cool friend.” With the best social calendar in the city, an array of interesting articles and millions of event photographs, Guest of a Guest is able to attract web traffic of an audience that wants to be at the forefront of new trends.
Eschewing corporate fundraising, Guest of a Guest has remained fiercely independent and grown to 15 full time employees and 60 photographers. On a daily basis, the site delivers engaging content to its target audience of 18-35 year olds, with an even male–female split that has made the platform attractive to premier brands including Dolce & Gabbana and Cointreau.
Four years in the making, Guest of a Guest is now launching a wedding site with the goal of having 50 new wedding albums up per week. The idea behind starting a wedding site is to be community focused and fill a void left by traditional media. As Rachelle explains the wedding albums will gain a unique perspective on these major life events and the related editorial content and calendar will be engaging to the site’s audience.
Listen to the episode to get a ‘behind the scenes’ look at Guest of a Guest, how the company has grown with its sights now set internationally, and how it stays competitive in the ever shifting landscape of digital media.
Transcript of the episode available here: http://nylaun.ch/GuestofaGuestTr
More on Guest of a Guest: http://www.guestofaguest.com/SHARE THIS: