- Episode 14: Roseanne Stanzione, Founder of LaneHoney
- Episode 33: Brian Berger, Co-Founder of Mack Weldon
- Episode 32: Charlie O’Donnell, Founder and Sole Partner of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Episode 31: Camille Hearst, Co-Founder of Kit
- Episode 30: Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder of Landit
- Episode 29: Alissa Wagner and Sabrina De Sousa, Co-Founders of Dimes
- Episode 28: Michael Chad Hoeppner, Founder of GK Training and Communications
- Episode 27: Eric Kane, Founder of Barrel On
- Episode 26: Asha Carroll, Founder of Cake in a Crate
- Episode 25: Marshall Cox, Founder of Radiator Labs
- Episode 24: Alexandra Chemla, Founder of ArtBinder
- Episode 23: Miriam Altman, Co-Founder of Kinvolved
- Episode 22: Aline Sara, Co-Founder of NaTakallam
- Episode 21: Belvy Klein, Co-Founder of Riis Park Beach Bazaar and Brooklyn Night Bazaar
- Episode 20: Vaughan Cutillo, Co-Founder of Montauk Brewing Company
- Episode 19: Tom Melcher, Founder of Show-Score
- Episode 18: Rachelle Hruska, Founder of Guest of a Guest
- Episode 17: Dave Salvant and Songe LaRon, Co-Founders of Squire
- Episode 16: Ariana Mouyiaris, Creative Director and Co-Founder of MAKE
- Episode 15: Ryan Babenzien, Founder of Greats
- Episode 13: Clinton Grusd, Founder, and Ally Vaughn, Strategic Advisor of Wermz
- Episode 12: Kenneth Shinozuka, Founder of SafeWander
- Episode 11: Mike Rothman, Co-Founder of Fatherly
- Episode 10: Doug Hayes, Founder of Junto Health
- Episode 9: Gillian Zoe Segal, Author of Getting There: A Book of Mentors
- Episode 8: Angela Ceresnie and David Snitkof, Co-Founders of Orchard Platform
- Episode 7: Julie Sygiel, Founder of Dear Kate
- Episode 6: Andy Jacobi and Ricky King, Co-Founders of Untamed Sandwiches
- Episode 5: Helaine Knapp, Founder of CityRow
- Episode 4: Ben Gordon and Matt Bachmann, Co-Founders of Wandering Bear Coffee
- Episode 3: Bari Musacchio, Owner, and Matthew Gray, General Manager, of Baz Bagel & Restaurant
- Episode 2: Mathew Farkash, Co-Founder of Blueprint Health
- Episode 1: Evan Hammer, Co-Founder of Smart Host
Roseanne Stanzione, founder of LaneHoney, steps on to the New York Launch Pod to discuss her platform to bring transparency to the trucking industry by creating an efficient open digital supply network and publishing live spot market prices between truckers and shippers.
The majority of trucking shipments is coordinated through truck brokers who conduct most of their business over the telephone. Truck brokers, who connect shippers that send goods across the country make money by taking the spread between what the shipper pays and what they pay truckers. As a result, there is a lot of inefficiency, inconsistency, and lack of transparency in the trucking market with unduly large spreads.
Roseanne, who has a background in trade automation and was a trucking industry analyst on Wall Street, saw an opportunity to use new mobile technology to challenge spread-building brokers and let truckers and shippers find and transact with each other more efficiently.
With the vast majority (95%) of truckers owning 1-4 trucks and 120% turnover among truckers, LaneHoney creates a digital supply network for shippers, by automating the process to have truckers “on-board” to the platform, making sure they have the required insurance and safety profile, and tracking every shipment through delivery.
Most revolutionary, however, Lane Honey provides the first truly transparent marketplace for shippers and carriers to know the price of a route without the broker bias and to have the tools to transact directly.
Rather than have brokers dictate price, LaneHoney crowdsources quotes and transacted prices so both truckers and shippers see live price movements and know what their peers are paying and earning. As a result, shippers are able to see the true cost of their shipment and for tuckers in an industry where there is no minimum wage, this has been very meaningful even opening up more “lanes”.
Listen to the episode to go behind the scenes of the trucking industry and learn how LaneHoney wants to change the game. How important is trucking? As the saying goes, if you bought it, a truck brought it.
Transcript of the episode available here: http://nylaun.ch/lanehoneyt
More on LaneHoney: https://lanehoney.com/SHARE THIS: